Data Collection and Privacy Acknowledgement
Data Privacy Notice and Consent. Participant hereby explicitly and unambiguously consents to the collection, use and transfer, in electronic or other form, of Participant’s personal data, as described in this Agreement and any other Restricted Stock Unit grant materials by and among, as applicable, the Company (Australian Watercraft Registry) and its Subsidiary (International Watercraft Registry) for the exclusive purpose of implementing, administering and managing Participant’s participation in the Plan.
The collection and storage of your data, in electronic and other form is done so in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and was only done so with your consented permission for the purposes of;
- Safety of your life at Sea
- Safety of your life when we have reason to believe you are in imminent danger
- Notification to you, or your specified “Next of Kin” that a registered item of yours has been found or an item with your Australian Watercraft Registry Tag attached.
In accordance with our duty of care, to do what we have said we would do in order to (A) Save your Life and (B) Return your lost items, we in cases where we believe you are in danger, or at risk of harm, share your collected information with third parties such as Australian State and Territory Authorities who are, at the time aware that you are currently associated with a “Marine incident”. If these government parties decide it’s in your best interests, by accepting this form, you agree that they may also share your database information with other parties whose job it has been tasked to search for you.
These “other parties” may include but are not limited to;
- Government Air Assets
- The Australian Military
- Marine Rescue Queensland and associated bases
- Marine Rescue New South Wales
- The Australian Volunteer Coast Guard
- Life Flight
- Care Flight
- Westpac Rescue Helicopter
- Australian Surf Life Saving
- Any other resource that the Search and Rescue Coordinator deems necessary to search for you or save your life.
As a part of your membership, from time to time you may receive newsletters via email on important information or updates to your membership. These newsletters may also include some advertising for relevant products. At no time will any entity who advertises with the Australian Watercraft Registry or the International Watercraft Registry ever have access to your private information.